Hot Chocolate Run 11.08.

4:20 PM Jelena 0 Comments

I must admit, I am NOT a runner. I am NOT a sporty person at all. So when I told my mom I will be running a 5K, she raised her eyebrows, started laughing out loud, and said "YOU?! Please." I don't blame her.

I will be honest with you and admit that the only reason I did it was for the free hot chocolate goodie basket you get when you complete the race. It was amazing. But I will say that I surprised myself and ran a mile and a half. It may be nothing to you, but it's a milestone for me!

The race was nicely organized. The route started on Columbus Dr, right by the The Art Institute, went through Lower Wacker Drive, continued down Clark Street and W. Van Buren St leading us to the finish line through Michigan Avenue, across Roosevel Rd and ending on Columbus Dr right by Grant Park. There were hot chocolate cartoon character blow ups set up at the start. The chocolate goodie basket was filled with chocolicious goodies! It contained a nice cup of hot chocolate, hot chocolate dip, a banana, rice crispy treat, mini pretzels, and a waffle cookie. I indulged without any shame. The fact that I ran for 45 mins just prior to the chocolate fest meant nothing to me. It was all about the chocolate.

Seeing Chicago so peaceful and the streets so empty was a really interesting experience. Also, just running a 5k for the first time was an interesting experience. I'm definitely doing it again next year!


0 comments: